[Icecast] Newbie question ... fallback mounts

Mike Allen mallen at familyradio.org
Wed Mar 4 23:20:13 UTC 2009

Mike Allen wrote:
> Attached is my config file.  The purpose is to interrupt my regular
> stream sith a station (stream) ID once per hour (time synchronized
> externally).
>
> I use ezstream to play the pre-recorded stream ID.
>
> I never hear the stream ID while listening to the stream.  (There is a
> 10 second break in the stream once per hour)  What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike

What I am trying to accomplish with this configuration is:

1.  Listen to the stream on mountpoint /stream when there is no 'stream
ID' playing.
2.  All listeners to stream hear the 'stream ID' when played without
hearing the stream.
3.  Resume hearing the stream as soon as the 'stream ID' is finished.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mike