[Icecast] Usage of on-connect and on-disconnect

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Jan 28 17:27:22 UTC 2009

Pierpaolo gullˆa wrote:
> Hi Guys ,
>
> Now I try the script using the full path of the programs (/usr/bin ,
> /usr/sbin ecc..) and all is running.
>
> Now I have a little problem:
>
> If I insert in the on connect or disconnect tag this script
> /etc/icecast/bin/script.sh
>
> and the script is this
>
> #!/bin/bash
> /bin/echo $1 > /etc/icecast/log/1.txt
> /bin/echo $1 > /etc/icecast/log/log2.txt
>

> Only the first line is going , the second no . I try with different
> programs , but always only the first line it's going.

I don't see why it would do that. icecast does not signal the process,
so it would beg the question of what actually happens when the script is
run. I'm assuming the process does finish and that 1.txt does contain
what you think it should?  you could try appending to 1.txt with >> and
make sure log2.txt is not write protected.

karl.