[Icecast] schedule a fallback and / 2 sources streaming at 1 server ???

Dick Trump dtrump1 at triadav.com
Sat Sep 6 22:30:28 UTC 2008

kosnickx wrote:
> Well i just tried what you said and it works fine.
> But there is one thing : while falling back from one mount point to
> another it takes about 10 to 15 seconds. Does this happen to you too? Is
> there any way to reduce this to minimum or to 0 if possible.
> Sorry for being so anoying.

Not annoying at all.  I'm happy to be able to add some of my own experience to how useful Icecast can be.

I suspect the gap may vary with the connected client (listener).   Since there is an interruption in the stream, the receiving software must resync.  All my "receivers" are running mpg123 on Linux with a custom script that is constantly looking at the received stream status.  If there is any interruption, it will immediately kill mpg123 and restart it making the interruption as brief as possible.  Since these receivers are all remotely located, I don't hear them but I have never heard a complaint about it.
--
Dick
dtrump1 at triadav.com