[Icecast] schedule a fallback and / 2 sources streaming at 1 server ???

kosnickx kosnickx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:40:39 UTC 2008

Hi everyone.
I was wondering if it is possible to schedule a fallback. I know there
is the option when no source is streaming then icecast server falls back
to another mount point. So my question is if it is possible to schedule
some sort of fallback to another mount point whenever i want to. Let me
give you an example:
source 1 is streaming to server from 16:00 until 16:59 at mount point 1.
At 16:59 server falls back (by schedule)  to mount point 2 (which
includes some jingles ads and so on) until 17:02 when a new source
(source 2) takes over control and streams again at mount point 1.
Is this possible?

Another question. I saw some option about the number of sources that can
connect to the same server simultanously. What happens when source 2
connects to the server that source 1 is streaming already and source 2
starts its own stream? Are they both streaming? Source 1 is kicked off
or does it keep control over the server?

These questions have to do with the fact that i am thinking of having a
server and many sources in different places streaming to this server.
The thing is how to keep all the sources synchronized.

Thanx in advance