[Icecast] How to killsource from command line?

chiapas at aktivix.org chiapas at aktivix.org
Sun Nov 2 21:44:34 UTC 2008

Hi

Many thanks for the helpful replies.

Please see below.

2008/11/1 David Saunders <abitar.com at gmail.com>:
> They should work :P
>
> but if it the local server  try using 127.0.0.1 for the server name
> instead, lot of server are not configure correctly to know what their
> address is.
>
> also the syntax  user:Pass at servername    should work also.

Doesn't yet work for me.

I've tried this from the CLI and it just returns me to a cursor thus:

[root at example ~]# lynx -auth user:password
http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/killsource.xsl?mount=/example.mp3

Same using curl and wget, for example:

[root at example ~]# curl
http://user:password@127.0.0.1:8000/admin/killsource.xsl?mount=/example.mp3

> I use it allot on a remote control server to force a client to drop.
> But one thing you have to make sure is that they not on reconnect in
> the client or it will reconnect with in a few seconds.

Good point.

> Also I would add their source IP into the firewall setting for a
> temporary ban to the server.  . but that is a totally different.

Yes, I am having success with iptables - I have effectively solved my
problem this way but for curiosity's sake I am interested in using
lynx/curl/wget.

> Also i work with one where i would update the server with a new
> username/password fot the mount and reload the server (not reset the
> server) then kick them , this will keep them from getting back on.

Good point but I'm trying to avoid restarting Icecast and dropping all
other active connections - and I presume "killall -HUP icecast" will
_not_ drop the unwanted mountpoint.

> David

Many thanks

Chip Scooter