[Icecast] How to killsource from command line?

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 05:13:44 UTC 2008

They should work :P

but if it the local server  try using 127.0.0.1 for the server name
instead, lot of server are not configure correctly to know what their
address is.

also the syntax  user:Pass at servername    should work also.

I use it allot on a remote control server to force a client to drop.
But one thing you have to make sure is that they not on reconnect in
the client or it will reconnect with in a few seconds.

Also I would add their source IP into the firewall setting for a
temporary ban to the server.  . but that is a totally different.

Also i work with one where i would update the server with a new
username/password fot the mount and reload the server (not reset the
server) then kick them , this will keep them from getting back on.

David