[Icecast] Question over broadcasting using icecast server

kosnickx kosnickx at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:07:12 UTC 2008

Hallo everyone in the Icecast project.
First of all i want to apologize in case this message should not be in
this list but i believe this is the place to answer my question.
I know only a little about icecast server. I would like to build up a
live radio station. The concept is something like : the server is set up
in some place and all producers broadcast themselves from their place,
so there is no common studio for every one in the radio station (maybe
producers don't even know each other and live in totally diferrent
places). The question is how to change from one producer to the next one
when the first finishes his/her broadcast ? For example lets say John is
the first producer and Mary is the second. John is logged on to the
server with his client and its about time to stop broadcasting. If he
closes his connection so as Mary to continue there would be a stop in
the broadcasting and ofcourse listeners would have to "reload" the station.
Is this right? If i am wrong , could someone explain some solution to
this "gap between producers"?