[Icecast] Authentication and offering bandwidth

Charles Gagnon charlesg at unixrealm.com
Tue Jul 22 20:43:35 UTC 2008

I currently host an Icecast (Icecast 2.3.1) server which serves streams from
4 Simplecast boxes, to a limited number of people. The site presenting the
content is done with Xoops. Is there a documented to impose authentication
on the icecast feeds? If so, does anybody have good links on how to get this
done. I am considering charging for the service I currently provide for free
and in order to do so, I would need a way to make people authenticate.

Do you guys know if there are people who need places to stream from, ie. a
mount point on an icecast server, who would consider paying for it? I am not
looking to make money, just want to offset my bandwidth costs right now.

Thanks again.

--
Charles Gagnon
http://unixrealm.com