[Icecast] Make Errors with icecast2.3.2 on CentOS5

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Aug 4 01:12:38 UTC 2008

Daniel C wrote:

> Hi,
> I am not sure if this is the right list or not, but I seem to be having
> problems with the last part of the install of Icecast 2.3.2. Firstly,
> I'm running CentOS5 and am attempting to install Icecast. When I do make
> and make install, I get:
> /usr/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'

This is down to version mismatch between the libxml2 and libxslt, which
based on your comment below is because you have two developments sets
for libxml2

> My host says they've installed a new LibXSLT library in a directory
> called, /opt/lib
> is there anyway that I can have the configure script check for, and use,
> the new libxslt library in the different directory location?

It may be enough to remove the libxml2.so symbolic link from the old
release (keeping the runtime libs), or maybe run the xml2-config from
the newer release, check the configure --help but it probably is
impossible to get configure to avoid all these issues because there is
the linking during the build and there is also the runtime linker which
is outside of the configure process.

karl.