[Icecast] Icecast 2.3.1 crash

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Wed Oct 17 09:45:04 UTC 2007

Karl Heyes wrote:

> I doubt that the stats would of done that but obviously there's nothing much
> to go on. The looping of connect/disconnect could of tripped over a bug but
> it depends on many factors like was it a shoutcast-style source client (there
> have been fixes for those), was any data sent at all etc.

It's an Icecast style connection, using libshout.  The access log says
"19", but I don't know if that's bytes written or read.  There's obviously
issues with my streamer but I'm not a C developer and the person who is
meant to be fixing it is being a bit unresponsive at the moment.

> I've tried to keep most of the changes at least bugfix related, so I don't
> see why we could not do a 2.3.2 release soon. There are some doc updates to
> do (what fun!) and I'm waiting on some feedback for some changes I wanted to
> verify but feel free to try out the code and report back.

I'm about to go overseas for ten days but I'll probably try it after I get
back.  It's only crashed once so I don't feel that upgrading is urgent.

Geoff.