[Icecast] Icecast 2.3.1 crash

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Oct 16 11:28:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I woke up this morning to find out that Icecast 2.3.1 running under Ubuntu
Feisty had crashed or otherwise terminated.  I don't know why, but I've got
a theory.

I'm currently trying to get a streamer working properly.  At times it goes
into a state when it connects very briefly then disconnects again.  This of
course generates a lot of connects and disconnects and may have overloaded
some stats value.

When I went to investigate this possibility however, not only did I not
understand much of the code, but I also noticed that Icecast 2.3.1 is
nearly 2 years old and that there have been numerous bugfixes committed to
SVN since then.  So perhaps whatever caused the crash has been fixed
already.

Are there any plans to release a new version anytime soon?

Sorry I can't be more specific about the termination, there was nothing
helpful in the logs and nothing else I could find anywhere.

Geoff.