[Icecast] Problem for creating continous streaming and viwing in a webpage

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Nov 26 08:57:03 UTC 2007

Pierpaolo Gull~Ha wrote:

> I'm using Icecast , Ezstream for creating my Webtv for creating a continuos
> streaming of some files
> In the filename filed of Ezstream xml configuration i put a simple m3u
> playlist.
>
> My problems begin when ezstream begin to encode and stream the second file:
>
> If a use a system player , like Vlc or totem , the stream it's continous , if
> I use a web player like Cortado or Itheora , they stop to play when ezstream
> change from two file (for exampl from the first to second)

Is ezstream definitely re-encoding?  The reason why I ask is that if it is,
players should just see it as one continuous stream and therefore shouldn't
know that you're at the beginning of a new file.

If not, perhaps files are not encoded using the same settings etc and some
players are choking on it.

Geoff.