[Icecast] Icecast source encoder that can handle http streams?

David Baelde david.baelde at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 19:30:26 UTC 2007

Hi list,

Indeed, I'm still reading. I had actually already advised Owen to give
Liquidsoap a try ;)

Concerning the permanent connection to the radio, liquidsoap doesn't
allow you to avoid that in its current status. It currently actively
polls the remote stream and always pulls it when it's available. I've
been asked once to make it possible to turn the polling/relaying off
manually, it is possible to do it, but it's not done yet.. The real
question now is: which solution will be adapted first for you exact
need ? :p

I'm trying not to spend too much time on coding these days, and I'm
actually already involved in the implementation of Jack support... but
basically, I'm still around and it's not a big chance. Just ask if
you're sure that you'll use it ;)

Cheers.
--
David