[Icecast] multiple users - auth'd source?

Charlie Allom charlie at playlouder.com
Thu Apr 26 12:33:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to bring up an Icecast service for users of a free & paid
subscription system.

Paid users can source a stream. Free signups can listen (auth) to the
paid user's streams.

My user data is in LDAP mainly, but I have a URI that returns
"icecast-auth-user: 1" when passed the user= and pass= variables on the
HTTP GET.

AFAICT - the source password has to be specified under
	<mount>
		<password>

and the listening auth can be dynamic with
	  <authentication type="url">

So I envisage a regular dump from LDAP to the XML config file - but can
I add an "include" and HUP the server to see the new credentials? Can
someone tell me if this is much easier or harder than what I'm thinking?

Cheers,
  C.
--
http://devblog.playlouder.com/