[Icecast] can i mix stream data from 2 source clients?

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 19 07:39:55 UTC 2007

James Wong wrote:
> hi,
>
> Using Icecast,
> is there any way to combine stream data from multiple
> source clients and produce a single mixed stream data?

icecast does not do anything to the stream. You'd have to pull those two
streams from the server and mix them on a client (that may of course run
on the same computer as the server). Due to variable lag on streams this
would be nearly impossible to synchronize.

If you want to mix voice + music in sync I'd recommend a VoIP link
between the two PCs and feeding icecast the mixed audio from the one
playing the music.

Cheers

Thomas