[Icecast] Large Amount of Listeners

Nicolas Cohen nicolas at smileandsoft.com.ar
Wed Sep 13 17:02:59 PDT 2006

I have to setup an online radio to support 5K users initially and
grow into 80k users later.

1.Has anyone any tips on this?
2.Would you recommend serving more than 2000 listeners on a single
server?
3.Are there any redundance features on the relay server mode?
I was thinking about setting up 2 servers to receive the encoded
stream and then setting up the relaying servers so they try the first
server, and on failure, continue to the second (or more) source
servers. In that case, there's no one single machine on which the
whole system relies.

thanks

Nicolas Cohen
Smile&Soft