[Icecast] All stream types returned to the Stream Directory

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Mon Oct 23 22:41:44 UTC 2006

After a bit of debate, it has been decided that all stream types should be
allowed to list on our stream directory.  We have corrected the load issue
and have to come to agreement that it is in the best interest of everyone
to support all the broadcasters in the community, regardless of their
choices of streaming media type.

We encourage all that are currently broadcasting in patent and license
encumbered media formats to take this opportunity to create streams using
patent-free xiph.org alternatives such as ogg vorbis and ogg theora.  Show
your listeners that you are part of a bigger picture of choice and
freedom.

oddsock & the icecast team...