[Icecast] Icecast usability

Tor Berg tb at djh.dk
Fri Oct 13 09:36:40 UTC 2006

Hi

We are looking for a product that applies to this specs.

1) We need to allow different users / departments access to upload Audio
and Video files for streaming
2) We need to comply with MPEG4 and MP3. And that playing does not require
a specific player (we can accept Windows Media Player, QuickTime, iTunes,
Winamp)
3) We want users to be able to organise their material - and that m3u
lists and RSS (podcast/Vodcast) can be created per 'playlist'
4) We would like to install the server on a Mac OS X server

Can Icast do all this, maybe by adding some 3rd part apps or something?

Tor Berg

The Danish School of Journalism
Olof Palmes Alle 11
DK-8200 Aarhus N