[Icecast] Resco Radio and Icecast

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Oct 12 23:40:30 UTC 2006

Michael Place wrote:
> Has anybody tested Resco Radio with Icecast 2.3.1? We have a listener
> who can connect to other stations without a problem, but his connections
> to Icecast buffer and drop. He's connecting via Cingular wireless, but
> as I said, other connections seem to work without a problem.

Usually when icecast drops a listener for being too far behind, it's
because either bandwidth has been max'd out or something has happened to
the network to cause a stall. It's also possible that the queue size is
too small, don't forget that burst-size bytes of the queue are sent at
listener connection time.

karl.