[Icecast] icecast live radio web

David Baelde david.baelde at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 21:14:10 UTC 2006

On 10/8/06, mauro <zedder_hallen at yahoo.it> wrote:
> i need to setup a live web radio using icecast, currently ruuning with mpd
> and a list of files. I need also to mix voice and music how can I Do this?

As usual I will promote the tool I developped... You have complicated
needs, and I don't see how you could get what you need with
conventional tools. But liquidsoap is able to do what you want:
playing files, relaying a live show, and mixing voice and music. For
the mpd thing I don't see what you mean. If you need manual control on
the playlist, liquidsoap does that too anyway.

> Have you some links to study?

Sure. The project is on sourceforge:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/savonet
Some doc and cookbook are available in liquidsoap's tarball. They're
also on our wiki, which is unfortunately unavailable from time to time
-- sourceforge isn't a good web host. The pages that might be of
interest to you:
  http://savonet.sf.net/wiki/Liquidsoap
  http://savonet.sf.net/wiki/LiqExamples
  http://savonet.sf.net/wiki/LiqQuickstart