[Icecast] ICES with MP3Pro?

Doc Nasty doc at krushradio.com
Wed May 31 16:21:26 UTC 2006

Greg,

Yes, I have noticed that new codec.. AACPlus.  Its really impressive in it's abilities, and it's sound quality.
I tried to open it up with Windows Media Player and my Flash Player.. didn't seem to like it very much.  While It's really kewl as a codec, and it has great support with a couple players, and limited support for the rest, I'll stick with the mainstream for now, which is MP3Pro.  Once AACPlus works in a new and stable version of SAM, I might even consider upgrading to it.  But for now, I'd hate to halt progress while I wait for a new technology to happen.

So, back to my original question -
Has anyone been able to integrate the free mp3Pro encoder from thompson into ICES yet?