[Icecast] multichannel streaming

Mark Trimble trimblma at mscd.edu
Fri May 19 13:21:04 UTC 2006

My experience with Jinzora/NetJuke is that playback starts after your
playlist has been downloaded and that you may use either predefined
playlists, your own customized playlist, or have the system randomly
generate a playlist based upon your filters of artist, album, genre, etc.
Once stream playback begins, you may let the stream run as it was sequenced
or you may jump around the downloaded playlist and play, skip, or repeat any
tracks you want. Within a track, however, there is no option to rewind or
foast forward. This is a shortcoming for educational applications, but this
can be partially compensated for by breaking up instructional tracks into
smaller tracks, perhaps by topic or exercise. This will give users the
ability to repeat an instructional segment without starting everything over
again. It also has the added benefit of allowing more tailored content
delivery and improved navigation.

Mark