[Icecast] FREE AAC/aacPlus Plugin for WMP Supports Icecast2

Greg J. Ogonowski greg at orban.com
Thu May 4 02:15:12 UTC 2006

Hi Ross-

I haven't tested the Illumination DirectShow Plugin in a while, but I
suspect it is probably parsing on the .ogg.

In our case we can't do that, as not all streams use .aac.
And also to be consistent, we would have the same problem with .sdp
for RTP streams and the possible player conflict there.

If you know otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks.
-greg.

At 18:51 2006-05-03, Ross Levis wrote:
>Ok, I read the Read Me.
>So icyx://boa.mediacast1.com:9292/stream.aac works.
>
>I don't understand why the http syntax cannot be made to work.  This
>works fine for Ogg Vorbis streams using the Illumination DirectShow
>filter.
>
>Ross.
>
>======================================
>StationPlaylist.com
>http://www.stationplaylist.com
>Low-cost music scheduling, live assist & automation software for
>radio broadcasting, internet streaming, & in-store music systems.

Greg J. Ogonowski
VP Product Development
ORBAN / CRL, Inc.
1525 Alvarado St.