[Icecast] Icecast Problems

Manasa manasa at tayanasoft.com
Thu Mar 23 04:30:57 UTC 2006

Hello Sir/Mam,

I installed your product icecast-2.3.1 for my machine and set the port as
3000. The same machine also contains quicktime. I started icecast server
usng the command
icecast -c pathof icecast.xml
When i tried the link icy://serverip:3000/song.mp3 from the quicktime
player, it started playing the song. The whole song got streamed properly
but when i stopped the icecast server and gave the link as
http://serverip:3000/song.mp3 , the song started playing, but it shouldn't
have played it as the server was not running. But when i tried
icy://serverip:3000/song.mp3  link, the song didnot get played.

Can you tell me the reason for this.

Thanks
-Manasa