[Icecast] <savefile> directive for Icecast2?

Michael Hobbs mhobbs812 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 18:38:05 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Hope you can advise.

I am aware you can use the <savefile> feature of IceS2 to save a copy of
live streams. I have several sources for my Icecast server that are remote
and which I do not have access to the hard drive. Is there any way to save a
copy of the stream at the Icecast Server rather than the IceS2 source?

If it can't be done by the server itself, I know there are various tools for
recording live streams, has anyone had any experience with these? I would
ideally like it to be done automatically (i.e. without my intervention) as I
am not always available to make sure the broadcast is recorded.

Many thanks in advance,
Mike