[Icecast] Authentication problem

- mail at romano2k.biz
Fri Mar 17 13:35:12 UTC 2006

First time subscribing to such a mailing list, I'm impressed.

Hi everyone!

I have a box at home, running Debian, which I use to share connection,
host a small website, mails... And I'm having fun trying some stuff.
Icecast is the stuff I began to try yesterday. I used to use SHOUTcast,
I can't bear it anymore, as Icecast rocks.

Everything works fine, except one thing : I'm now trying the
Authentication thing.

I read the documentation page related to this function
(http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.1/icecast2_listenerauth.html),
and added some lines to my icecast.xml :

     <mount>
         <mount-name>/live.ogg</mount-name>
         <authentication type="htpasswd">
             <option name="filename" value="myauth"/>
             <option name="allow_duplicate_users" value="0"/>
         </authentication>
     </mount>

I then connect my source client and the mount point is created as it
should be. I log in to the administration interface, and I click on the
"Manage Authentication" link.

I try to create a user, and I get this message :

	"User add failed - check the icecast error log".

The error log is empty (loglevel 2).

It may a permission problem, I don't know.

Anyone could help ? :) Thanks for your help in advance!

Romano2K