[Icecast] Stream fallbacks/spillovers/splashing

Dan Regalia dan at x-7.com
Fri Mar 3 06:18:12 UTC 2006

Okay, a quick question,

I've got IceCast 2.3.1 setup on a demo server, And I've got some wierd
behavior going on...

Here's the behavior:

I have my constant feed always running on mountpoint:  /switch
I have my main stream broadcasting:  /stream
someone connects to an alternate named stream: /krushradio

They pull all the listeners from /switch and /stream to their stream.

If the listener (from /stream) refreshes their player, they will begin
listening to whats being broadcast on  /stream again

My assumption is that the Fallback-override should only pertain to the
mountpoint in which it is contained, and not the entire server.
Unless the fallback-override should not be used at all, and simply listing
the fallback mount will have it provide the functionality that i want, which
is to have a place for people to go when the regular stream is not in use,
and when it does have a broadcaster, that it moves those listeners back to
the main stream (/krushradio), eg...  someone is listening to /krushradio
with no broadcasting (playing /switch)  and then I connect to /krushradio to
broadcast, it stops the feed from /switch (being broadcast over /krushradio)
and plays my stream instead.

I hope that makes sense...

Here are the sample configs for the 3 streams:

    <mount>
        <mount-name>/switch</mount-name>
        <mp3-metadata-interval>1200</mp3-metadata-interval>
         <burst-on-connect>1</burst-on-connect>
         <burst-size>65536</burst-size>
        <mp3-metadata-interval>4096</mp3-metadata-interval>
    </mount>
    <mount>
        <mount-name>/stream</mount-name>
        <password>hackme</password>
        <max-listeners>200</max-listeners>
        <intro>/krushradio.mp3</intro>
        <fallback-mount>/switch</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <fallback-when-full>1</fallback-when-full>
        <public>1</public>
        <stream-url>http://www.krushradio.com</stream-url>
        <burst-on-connect>1</burst-on-connect>
        <burst-size>65536</burst-size>
        <mp3-metadata-interval>4096</mp3-metadata-interval>
    </mount>
    <mount>
        <mount-name>/krushradio</mount-name>
        <password>hackmemore</password>
        <max-listeners>200</max-listeners>
        <intro>/krushradio.mp3</intro>
        <fallback-mount>/stream</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <fallback-when-full>1</fallback-when-full>
        <public>1</public>
        <stream-url>http://www.krushradio.com</stream-url>
         <burst-on-connect>1</burst-on-connect>
         <burst-size>65536</burst-size>
        <mp3-metadata-interval>4096</mp3-metadata-interval>
    </mount>

Thanks for your help in advance!
~DocNasty
~Krushradio.com