[Icecast] dir.xiph.org only listing Ogg streams

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Sun Jun 18 23:17:22 UTC 2006

I decided recently to change my stream from Ogg to AAC+ because I have a
limited upload bandwidth and I wish to provide the best sound quality at
low bitrates.  If Ogg was as good ias AAC+ then I would definately use
it.

I'm apposed to this decision and I think it is a very bad idea.  It is
only the xiph directory where my potential listeners come from.  I will
have to switch to using the Shoutcast server if this is a permanent
decision, so the station can be visible on a popular directory.

Regards,
Ross.