[Icecast] client not displaying metadata on current song

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Jun 14 18:38:44 UTC 2006

Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>    I've got icecast2.31 and ices 0.4 streaming a static playlist of
> mp3's. I can connect with winamp version 5, and i see and hear the
> currently playing song. When that song goes to the next one title
> doesn't change, checking it in the ices.log file the information is
> updated appropriately. I've tried setting public to 1 in ices.conf, but
> that didn't do it. I'm starting to think this is a winamp odity, but i'd
> appreciate any second opinions.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

check that ices is updating the metadata, you can check the icecast logs
for that, either metadata updating in error log or /admin/metadata in
access log. You can also check the status page for the titles.

Check that your player (winamp) is requesting the metadata from the server.

The public setting in ices is for advertising the stream on a directory
server.

karl.