[Icecast] client not displaying metadata on current song

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Wed Jun 14 17:29:51 UTC 2006

Hello,
    I've got icecast2.31 and ices 0.4 streaming a static playlist of mp3's.
I can connect with winamp version 5, and i see and hear the currently
playing song. When that song goes to the next one title doesn't change,
checking it in the ices.log file the information is updated appropriately.
I've tried setting public to 1 in ices.conf, but that didn't do it. I'm
starting to think this is a winamp odity, but i'd appreciate any second
opinions.
Thanks.
Dave.