[Icecast] icecast and liveice configuration...cannot connect

Shashi Shah georgshah at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 22:16:12 UTC 2006

I am a newbie, i apologize for my ignorance.
I have installed icecast and liveice on my box at home and to my
knowledge I believe both of these are working correctly with each
other.  However when I try to connect with winamp it is unable to do
so.  I've been searching through the archives and found something
along the lines of modifying hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.  Has
anyone had to edit these files in order to get their icecast server
working?  I'm also confused because my webpage is working just fine
and I did not have to edit anything special to allow clients to
connect to it.

Thanks in advance,
Shashi