[Icecast] [Icecast-dev] metadata fallback mounts

Andy Woolley andy at milonic.com
Thu Jan 19 12:06:14 UTC 2006

> So when you're listening before the fallback, it's not anywhere near this
> far behind?

Just tested it all so here's what is happening.

Stream is up and all is well. Then I take the stream down and after about 14
seconds the fallback starts, that's great and exactly what I want.

However, I start the stream again and have to wait about 5 minutes for the
fallback to stop and the stream to resume on the client. Also, if I stop the
stream again, there is a 5 minute delay until the fallback restarts so
something is buffering about 5 minutes worth of data.

Any ideas on how I can reduce this lag, I've not got much control over the
clients but have full control of the server so if there is any setting I can
try, that would be great.

Cheers,
Andy