[Icecast] [Icecast-dev] metadata fallback mounts

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Thu Jan 19 11:17:24 UTC 2006

Andy Woolley wrote:

> Seems this is the answer, it's working but there is a 4-5 minute delay caused
> by a buffer once the fallback returns to the stream
>
> This then puts the stream 4-5 minutes behind when it finally starts up.

So when you're listening before the fallback, it's not anywhere near this
far behind?

I'm guessing that maybe Icecast is not sending the stream at the
approximate bitrate, but is pushing it as quickly as it can down the pipe.
Either that or Icecast is filling some internal queue with the MP3 data
from the file.  I guess it'd be easy enough to check which this is.

Geoff.