[Icecast] icecast related packages available

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Sun Jan 15 10:19:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 19:08 -0800, Keegan Quinn wrote:
> That's very kind of you, but [...]
> Is there some advantage to using your packages?

Well... For example, libshout 2.2 was out recently (and it fixes a bug
the concerns me), and I took the debian source package and aupdated it.
No one did it before me.
But if we want libshout 2.2 to be uploaded to the main distribution, it
should be declared/validated as stable enough (not too much bugs).
There is no other way than testing it then.
That is the reason I submitted it to you: for testing wether I made some
mistake or not when updating the package. May be I forgot to mention the
testing purpose of the annoounce (and I do apologize), but the package
needs to be tested. :-)

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.