[Icecast] metadata history

John Buttery john at io.com
Mon Jan 9 04:56:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 12:39:44PM +1300, Ross Levis wrote:
> The last several metadata changes, up to a configurable number,
> could be stored and made available for viewing in a browser .
> Shoutcast supports this feature, and it's the only feature I've
> heard others saying that they miss when switching to Icecast.

  Sounds like an interesting feature...seems to me that a more robust
solution would be to define a command that would receive the new
metadata string(s) on its stdin.  Then you could do whatever you
wanted with it (including keeping a history of arbitrary and
configurable length, of course).

--
  John  ! Since this email isn't signed, you can't really tell it's from
 Buttery! me; I'll hopefully have my computer working normally again