[Icecast] metadata history

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Sun Jan 8 23:39:44 UTC 2006

I think this has come up before a few times, but Icecast still doesn't
have this feature.

A history of metadata changes.  Metadata  is generally updated at a
change of song so it usually provides a song played history.

It was argued that a Song History could not be done reliably because
metadata could be updated at any time, but perhaps it should be thought
of as Metadata History instead.

The last several metadata changes, up to a configurable number, could be
stored and made available for viewing in a browser .  Shoutcast supports
this feature, and it's the only feature I've heard others saying that
they miss when switching to Icecast.

Regards,
Ross.