[Icecast] Ices2 Playlist Configuration

Mark Trimble trimblma at mscd.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:13:19 UTC 2006

I've successfully installed and configured Icecast2 (v2.3.1) on a Debian
sarge Linux server, but am having some difficulty configuring Ices2. In
particular, I'm not sure how to create a playlist and where to put it. I've
tried creating playlists in the root of my music folder which contains a
one-line-per-file listing of all my ogg music tracks and have named these
files playlist.txt, playlist.ogg, and playlist.m3u. While I can access and
play my individual music files in WinAmp, when I reference either
playlist.txt or playlist.ogg I get nothing. When I reference playlist.m3u I
get a listing of my files in WinAmp's Playlist window, but nothing plays.

Any help, especially an example of a properly formatted playlist, will be
most appreciated!