[Icecast] Icecast Directory Listing Problem

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Feb 23 11:23:00 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Greg J. Ogonowski <greg at orban.com> wrote:
> We are running Icecast2 2.3.1 on FreeBSD 5.4 in chroot mode.
> We cannot get the server to list on the Icecast Directory Server when
> running the Icecast2 server in this mode.
> Any ideas?

Usually this sort of thing is something to do with DNS resolution not
working from within a chroot - probably icecast can't contact the
directory server(s) at all.

The icecast log files probably have some details.

If this is right, I'm not really entirely sure how to fix it (I'm not
a freebsd user), but I'd expect you'd be able to find some info with a
web search or two - it isn't icecast-specific.

Mike