[Icecast] guideline for plug-in to icecast2 server

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Mon Feb 6 09:27:22 UTC 2006

Neo Jiun Siang - R&D wrote:

>      i would like to find out is that any ways to add plugin to icecast2
> and ice2 to stream mp3 .Is there a list of gulidline for adding feature
> to present icecast2 and ices2. i will a appretiated for the help from
> icecast memeber and developer thank you

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  Ices2 only streams in Ogg Vorbis,
and won't ever stream in MP3.  There are other programs which can do this,
depending on whether you want to stream live content or MP3 files.

Perhaps we could help you further if you tell us *exactly* what you want to
do, including which operating systems are involved.  Chances are that
something has already been written that will do what you want, or at least
something that will make your job easier.

Cheers,
Geoff.