[Icecast] Server Requirements

chiapas at aktivix.org chiapas at aktivix.org
Wed Dec 13 16:37:15 UTC 2006

hi david

On 12/12/06, davidhooper at tiscali.co.uk <davidhooper at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to stream a large amount of conncurrent connects and want to
> use icecast probably on a CentOS base. The bandwidth requirements are over
> 60 Mbps before any overheads, I'm looking at using some Dell SC1425 machines
> but am not sure how many I'd need, I'd appreciated hearing your experiences
> and suggestions.

this is probably of some tangential relevance:

http://www.icecast.org/loadtest1.php

Oddsock tested up to 14,000 concurrent users - but it was only
listeners that were tested for.  it would be great to see another test
to simulate concurrent encoders and listeners.

anyway, Icecast appears to scale very nicely.

cheers

Chip