[Icecast] FW: IceCast Setup

Thushara thushara at helabima.org
Mon Aug 14 18:47:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

Could you please help me on this? I need to know how to do the streaming by
using my sound card.
My question was...

Please note that I am totally a new to audio streaming over the net. Few
questions I have to clarify with you. I have downloaded the new version from
your web site and installed in my PC (Windows 2000 Professional). I am using
a 56k modem to surf the net. After the installation and set up I checked
with one of my friend who has a 256 lease line. He got the Title and the
number of the track (song CD) on his Winamp player. But he could not get the
sound.

On the second attempt, I installed the IceCast server in another PC who has
Windows XP and the 256 lease line. But I was getting a network could not be
found error. I think this could be because of the router my friend is using.
PC shows one IP and the router gets another IP from the internet provider.

Kindly tell me what could be the accurate, proper procedure to follow. I
need to input the audio to the PC sound card from another device for
streaming. What is the appropriate line should I go for as my expected hits
could be 50 maximum at this stage at once.

Appreciate if you could send me a quick reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Thushara