[Icecast] ices2 metadata update causes gaps

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Sep 27 09:42:00 UTC 2005

> However, an interesting effect can be had if all the parts have the same
> serial number. You get a bump just like with the ices2 metadata update.
> ogg123 doesn't complain, but ogginfo does.

Having the same serial number makes it an invalid ogg stream. Don't do that.

> However, on the icecast2 streams, neither complains.
>
> I've just taken a "savefile" from ices2. The bumps aren't happening.
> It's got to be in icecast2!

Wow, that sucks! This used to work perfectly, I guess someone broke
it. That's a pretty nasty bug to have when we've just done a new
release! I can see a 2.3.1 in the near future...

Karl - any idea what might be causing this?

Mike