[Icecast] ices2 metadata update causes gaps

Paul Martin pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 20:29:04 UTC 2005

Mike... did you look into this? I posted a waveform from a file
generated by ogg123 dumping to a wav (so that audio driver problems were
eliminated).

It looks to me like ices2 is restarting the vorbis encoder in a
non-gapless way when it stops and starts the encoding (to change the
stream id and update the metadata). Because I'm doing crossfades from
one track to another, this shows up. If you were just playing one track
after another, letting them play to the end before starting the next
one, updating the metadata between tracks, you wouldn't notice it.

--
Paul Martin <pm at zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)