[Icecast] Overhead of individual mount points

Dick Trump dtrump1 at triadav.com
Mon Sep 19 20:34:22 UTC 2005

I'm running a private stream which only has a handful of clients.  I have found it convenient to create a separate mount point on my encoder (Simplecast) for each client.  This allows me to track the current client list using the tools built into Simplecast.  It also allows me to do custom streams when required on a per-destination basis.

All mount points are normally running the same content, encoder and bit rate.

Is there any downside to this kind of configuration?  Additional overhead?

Thanks
--

Dick
Triad AV Services