[Icecast] Icecast 2.3 RC3 Announcement..

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 14 19:49:44 UTC 2005

Thanks for the fixes in RC3.  I've got a couple more things.  These
might just be me doing something wrong though.

I've got two streams that look like this:

     <mount>
         <mount-name>/wkncbackup</mount-name>
         <max-listeners>3</max-listeners>
         <fallback-mount>/wknchq</fallback-mount>
         <public>0</public>
         <authentication type="htpasswd">
                 <option name="filename"
value="/usr/share/icecast/passwords"/>
                 <option name="allow_duplicate_users" value="1"/>
         </authentication>
     </mount>
     <mount>
         <mount-name>/wkncbackup.ogg</mount-name>
         <max-listeners>3</max-listeners>
         <fallback-mount>/wknchq.ogg</fallback-mount>
         <public>0</public>
         <authentication type="htpasswd">
                 <option name="filename"
value="/usr/share/icecast/passwords"/>
                 <option name="allow_duplicate_users" value="1"/>
         </authentication>
     </mount>

These are private authenticated streams just to be used for backup STLs
when necessary.  However, when I go to the admin interface and click on
any of the links for these two sources I get a message saying "Source
does not exist"  The source is definitely connected, because I can
listen to it.  A related problem is: How do I update the users and
passwords?  No link appears to modify the auth info like there was
previously.  The password file also seems to be working because I can
log in with existing accounts, but I don't know how to add or modify
accounts anymore.

Thanks,
Joel