[Icecast] live broadcast + WMA

Balint Jacint bjacint at kvark.hu
Wed Sep 14 07:16:10 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have two questions.

I have an icecast2 server installed, and I need to set up a Linux-based
computer that sends a church's programs to the icecast server. (Both
worship and teaching.)
What application do you suggest? It would be really pleasing if I
wouldn't need X11 to use the software, and it would display (with
charactergraphics) the current signal level. The signal level is quite
dynamic, so I do need dynamic compression on the fly.

The other question: I run an internet radio that reads Ogg files from
the disc and uses streamTranscoder to create the mp3 stream. There's a
need for WMA as well. How is it possible to create WMA from the Ogg
stream on the fly? Does streamTranscoder support this? If yes, could
please someone send an example configuration file? (The WMA streaming
server will be a Windows server.)

Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Jacint