[Icecast] on-the-fly streaming in ogg flac?

Milos Wimmer wimmer at zcu.cz
Thu Oct 27 20:13:54 UTC 2005

  Hello,

please, I would like to ask, if here is any possibility to encode live
audio PCM data (on-the-fly) to flac stream and send it to icecast2
server.
I'm using oggenc/ices for live streaming in ogg vorbis now, but I didn't
find way how to do on-the-fly streaming in ogg flac.

I tried to use command
"flac --endian=little --channels=2 --bps=16 --sample-rate=48000
--sign=signed --ogg -f pipe_with_live_pcm -o x.ogg"
and then used to x.ogg file as a input file in ices-kh60 (just for a
test), but without success.

And I would like to ask, if I could use ices/icecast2 for streaming
more then 2 audio channels (e.g. 5.1 audio).

  Thank you very much for your help,

  Milos