[Icecast] Stress Test by Oddsock

peter at theneb.co.uk peter at theneb.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 10:49:55 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I've got a few questions about the recent stress test, I appoligse if any of
these have been asked in the past.
Just a little background info, I am currently in charge of the server side
operation for KUBE Radio (http://www.kuberadio.com), we currently run using
icecast over our University's Intranet and this year the stream should be being
allowed to broadcast over the net.
KUBE have requested me to find out if they need any new equipment server wise
and how much their current server can handle, then I read about the recent
stress test done by Oddsock. :D Very nice indeed.
Current Spec: Amd Duron 1.2Ghz, 256MB Ram.

Anyway what did oddsock use to graph the cpu usage on his server setup? I'm
currently running the same test script and notice it doesn't use the
mountpoints but just gets client connections, is this correct?

Cheers