[Icecast] NSV Problems

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Oct 10 22:42:21 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Jason (WeatherServer) <Jason at weatherserver.net> wrote:

> For some reason using the 2.3.0 Version I can no longer stream Nullsoft
> Video.
>
> I have the correct tags in the config file but for some reason the server
> will not accept the connection from the encoder.
>
> I started up shoutcast DSP and it streams fine so I know it's not the
> encoder itself.
>
> Anyone else seeing this or can tell me how to fix it?

I believe this is a bug in the shoutcast NSV source client.

There was a workaround for it in earlier versions which got lost in
the 2.3 development cycle; it's been reinstated since.

You can expect to see this in a 2.3.1 release sometime soon. In the
meantime, you could build the current SVN version.

Mike