[Icecast] Speex (source) client?

William K. Volkman wkvsf at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 16 18:37:08 UTC 2005

Hello Dennis,
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 08:31, Dennis Heerema wrote:
> An additional question for me is, could i send speex audio from a live
> source with an client like oddcast?
>
> Ment to be used for an talk radio programm.

I think you meant to send this to the icecast list.  I've not
taken a look at the oddcast client yet due to the problems
I've seen getting icecast to behave well with speex streams
(see my post about 100% cpu consumption).  I've done more
research and found that there are issues with the 1.1.10
version of speexdec (encoding works fine).  I don't have
much time to play with this during the week, perhaps this
weekend I'll get to trying out oddcast.

Cheers,
William.